Regardless of the size of your hard disk, the drive’s open space will eventually be overrun by data, and you will see a notice indicating that hard disk capacity is running low. If you have a clogged disk drive and need to free up some space, you’ve come to the correct spot. Some methods for how to clear disk space on Windows 10 are described below. Let’s follow us right now!
Use Disk Analyzer Pro – The Simple Way
If you want to free up space on your PC while also saving time, you may use third-party applications. Disk Analyzer Pro is a risk management program that allows you to quickly and easily manage and reclaim space on your Windows machine. Let’s have a look at the tool’s features:
- It generates a thorough analysis of disk space used by file type, properties, file size, and other factors.
- It quickly looks for unnecessary files based on search criteria.
- It quickly detects and removes garbage and temporary files.
- It finds huge files and duplicates and displays the option to remove them in a window.
Recycle Bin Is Empty
The Recycle Bin is where all deleted files are kept before they are permanently erased. The files that accumulate in the bin eat up space and block your hard disk. To free up disk space, go to Recycle Bin and pick all the files in the Recycle Bin that you wish to remove. Select Delete from the menu bar by right-clicking. When asked, click OK to accept the action.
Make use of Disk Cleanup
Disk Cleanup is a useful tool for deleting temporary files and unnecessary data. Follow these procedures to clear up your disk:
- To open Disk Cleanup, enter disk cleanup; to open the Run window, press Windows & R at the same time and type cleanup.
- The Disk Cleanup window will pop up, prompting you to pick a drive.
- The Disk Cleanup screen will appear, prompting you to pick the drive to clean. C is the default option.
- Drive selection for disk cleaning
- Select OK.
- Disk Cleanup will compute the amount of space that can be reclaimed with this action.
- You will be given the opportunity to delete files from the system in order to free up space. File types (Temp), Temporary Web Files, Installed Program Files, Thumbnails, and Asynchronous web pages are all options.
- To begin the procedure, press OK.
- You will now be asked if you wish to permanently erase all of your data. To confirm the operation, click Delete files.
Temporary Files Should Be Removed
You may erase the temp folder from other apps to further remove undesirable data from your computer. To accomplish this, take these steps:
- Select My Computer and Computer from the Start menu.
- Navigate to Local Disk C.
- Navigate to this route once you’re in Local Disk C.
- All temporary files will be shown in the file explorer.
- To remove all of the files, select all of them and hit Delete.
Enable Storage Sense
Storage Sense is a feature that was added to Windows 10 following the Creators Update. The function intelligently clears the storage space on your hard disk.
To enable it, navigate to Settings-> System, then Storage-> Storage Sense.
With the option enabled, Windows will erase unneeded temporary files and any deleted files that have been in the Recycle Bin for 30 days.
Apps should be uninstalled
Intentionally or unwittingly, you install software that you rarely use, taking up needless disk space. Uninstalling the software might help you free up space on your hard drive. To accomplish this, take these steps:
- Navigate to Start and choose Control Panel.
- Click Programs in the Control Panel.
- You will see Programs and Features; beneath that, click Uninstall a software.
- You will be given a list of the programs that are currently installed on your computer.
- Choose the software to be uninstalled, right-click it, and then select Uninstall.
- You will be prompted once the program has been deleted.
- Repeat for any undesirable programs.
How To Clear Disk Space On Windows 10: Transfer Files to a Storage Drive or the Cloud
If you have completed all of the procedures and see the drive bar in red, copying the data to an external drive appears to be a viable alternative for recovering hard disk space. If you don’t have an external disk, you may preserve the data and free up some space on the computer by using cloud storage.
It’s all too simple to download and store stuff without noticing you’re out of space. However, the lack of an external storage device should not prevent you from removing these files from your computer or freeing up space for that new software, game, or huge media collection. Have you ever run out of hard disk space? Have you backed up your data to the cloud? Did our techniques assist you? Please share your ideas in the comments section below. Thank you for your time.